Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) vision, “Warwickshire County Council, a place where everyone feels valued, included, safe, supported and welcome”, places our approach to inclusivity at the heart of everything we do.
We want our Employees to feel:
Valued, included, safe, supported, welcome and that they can reach their potential no matter what their background.
We want our Communities to feel:
Safe, supported and that when they interact with Warwickshire County Council in whatever capacity, that they consistently receive a dedicated, inclusive and accessible service.
We want our Members to feel:
Included and supported by this action plan. Leveraging support from Members where possible will enhance our external reputation and internal profile.
Our Equality and Diversity Policy Statement outlines our commitment and how we will achieve this within our service provision, procurement and contracting and at work.
Our refreshed action plan for 2020-25 (PDF, 221 KB) is a clear declaration of our commitment to EDI. It is supported by a number of strategies, including Our People Strategy and our Council Plan 2020-25, which sets out our core purpose for the future to “make Warwickshire the best it can be”.
Our 2020-2021 annual review (PDF, 6.3 MB) tells our story, celebrates our achievements and outlines our priorities and actions for the future.
To achieve Our People Vision, "Warwickshire County Council, a great place to work where diverse and talented people are enabled to be their best”, we recognise that diversity and inclusion across the Council plays a role in this and that we all have different talents, different attributes and bring different skills to the table. By doing this we will be able to develop, adapt, innovate and progress. EDI plays an important role in delivering the outcomes of the Our People Strategy such as:
- Our people are diverse, feel that they belong and can bring their whole self to work
- We will listen, learn and act to create an inclusive organisation with a sustainable and resilient workforce
- We will break down barriers to enable a collaborative, innovative and accountable environment
- Our offer enables us to attract, retain, engage and motivate a diverse and talented workforce
- Our people are celebrated for their diversity and bring the capabilities and behaviour to drive a high-performance culture
The Council invests in the Warwickshire Pan Equalities Service – contract currently held by EQuIP. The Service works towards the elimination of unlawful discrimination, to promote equality of opportunity and good relations between people of different groups under each of the protected characteristics as set out in the Equality Act 2010 within and across the Public and Third Sectors. Below are the current outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Improved community cohesion and equality within Warwickshire.
- Outcome 2: People living or working in Warwickshire feel that their voices are heard, and they have influence in local decision making.
- Outcome 3: People living or working in Warwickshire are safe and protected from harm and are able to remain independent for longer.
If you have any questions about EDI at WCC, please email email@example.com