Moving from education to training, an apprenticeship or employment can feel like a huge step which is both exciting and scary. The links below help you plan your next steps.
Support in Warwickshire
- Careers support - Warwickshire’s all age careers information pages. Sections for young people aged 11-18, adults aged 19 and over plus parents and carers.
- Prospects - Help for 16-18 year olds leaving school or college or not in education, training or employment.
- Post 16 training and employment - Find out more information on apprenticeships, skills for employment and the support available if you do not have any training or employment lined up after leaving education.
- Planning for adulthood for those with SEND - Help you find information specifically related to your needs.
- Post 16 education and training for those with SEND - Information on training as well as further education for young people with additional needs.
- The Princes Trust - If you are aged 16-25 you could take part in a 12 week programme to help you take the next steps with your life. The programme is free and you won’t lose any benefits you might be receiving. It helps build confidence and gives you new skills and qualifications to help you get the job or training that you want.
- Pet-xi Positive Futures -The positive futures programme has been developed to help 15-24 year olds who live in Warwickshire and are not currently in education, employment or training (NEET) or who are at risk of becoming so. Personal mentoring and support with how to apply for a job, writing a CV and perfecting interview skills as well as help to build confidence and skills for work.
- Accelerate - support people who would like to work but for various reasons find it hard to get a job and the increased independence that employment brings. Accelerate provide practical help to deal with any problems that may be holding you back. If you live in Coventry or Warwickshire and are currently not working but would like to work then get in touch. Read here how Accelerate helped one young woman find job success.
- Building Better Opportunities: Progress - This is a referral service for young people aged 15-24 across Coventry and Warwickshire who are currently not in education, employment or training (NEET). Progress is a tailored programme of coaching and support to help NEET young people access training and employment opportunities.
- Warwickshire Skills Hub
- Royal Mencap Traineeships - This programme is aimed at young people with a learning disability, difficulty and/or autism. Currently, they have a warehouse and distribution traineeship running in Rugby with more opportunities available in the future. The traineeships start with 4-6 weeks of work preparation delivered in a small group setting of 6-8 learners and last for 16 weeks. They will help you move into an apprenticeship or paid work.
- HITZ - Wasps - HITZ education and employability programme at Wasps for young people aged 16 to 18.