Moving from education to training, an apprenticeship or employment can feel like a huge step which is both exciting and scary. The links below help you plan your next steps.
Support in Warwickshire
- Careers support - Warwickshire’s all age careers information pages. Sections for young people aged 11-18, adults aged 19 and over plus parents and carers.
- Prospects - Help for 16-18 year olds leaving school or college or not in education, training or employment.
- Post 16 training and employment - Find out more information on apprenticeships, skills for employment and the support available if you do not have any training or employment lined up after leaving education.
- Planning for adulthood for those with SEND - Help you find information specifically related to your needs.
- Post 16 education and training for those with SEND - Information on training as well as further education for young people with additional needs.
- The Princes Trust - If you are aged 16-25 you could take part in a 12 week programme to help you take the next steps with your life. The programme is free and you won’t lose any benefits you might be receiving. It helps build confidence and gives you new skills and qualifications to help you get the job or training that you want.
- Pet-xi Positive Futures -The positive futures programme has been developed to help 15-24 year olds who live in Warwickshire and are not currently in education, employment or training (NEET) or who are at risk of becoming so. Personal mentoring and support with how to apply for a job, writing a CV and perfecting interview skills as well as help to build confidence and skills for work.
- Accelerate - support people who would like to work but for various reasons find it hard to get a job and the increased independence that employment brings. Accelerate provide practical help to deal with any problems that may be holding you back. If you live in Coventry or Warwickshire and are currently not working but would like to work then get in touch. Read here how Accelerate helped one young woman find job success.
- Building Better Opportunities: Progress - This is a referral service for young people aged 15-24 across Coventry and Warwickshire who are currently not in education, employment or training (NEET). Progress is a tailored programme of coaching and support to help NEET young people access training and employment opportunities.
- Toolshed - This is a work and study programme for 16-24 year olds who may have struggled at school and are not presently in any education, employment or a training programme. It consists of a work placement plus one to one tutoring in English, maths, ICT and employability. It runs for one year and you can start at any time from September 2020. More information on work placements and contact for Warwickshire.
- GOV.UK Apprenticeships - Information on becoming an apprentice, finding apprenticeships and a guide to higher and degree level apprenticeships
- Linking Futures Voice - Voice is a group of young people aged 18-29 who want to make it easier for other young people to find employment, especially those furthest from the workplace.
- UCAS Alternatives to University - UCAS has information on apprenticeships, internships and gap years.