|Monday||09.30 – 16.00|
|Tuesday||09.30 – 17.00|
|Wednesday||09.30 – 17.00|
|Thursday||09.30 – 13.00|
|Friday||09.30 – 16.00|
|Saturday||09.30 – 13.00|
Library services for Atherstone are also available by telephone – 0300 555 8171:
- Monday to Friday: 08.00 – 18.30
- Saturday: 09.00 – 13.00
What we offer
- books, talking books, large print
- feature and children’s DVDs
- newspapers and magazines
- Books on Prescription collection – mental health self-help books, eBooks and CDs.
- Sorted! book collection – help for children, young people and parents with common problems and situations.
- computers with printing and scanning – printing is A4 colour
- photocopier – A3/A4 black and white
- fax service
- local studies and family history service
- UK Online Centre
Groups and activities
- Rhyme Time – songs and rhymes for 0-2 year olds and parents and carers. Tuesdays 10:00 – 10:30 and 11:00 – 11:30.
- Story Stomp – fun session for 2-4 year olds and their parents and carers to follow on from Rhyme Time. Wednesdays 10:00 – 10:30.
- Chatterbooks – encouraging children aged 8 – 11 to take pleasure in reading. Book talk, fun games and crafts. The last Tuesday of the month, 15.45-16.45.
- Lego Club – creative themed sessions for children to build and create with Lego. Saturdays, 11:00 – 12:00
- Silver Surfers – free computer and tablet help sessions for people aged 50 plus. Mondays 10:00 – 12:00.
- Games Club. Come along for a fun morning of Scrabble, Monopoly, chess and draughts. Thursdays 10:00 – 12:00.
- Afternoon Coffee – a different topic and guest speaker on the first Wednesday of each month, 13:30 -15:00.
- Family History Surgery with the Nuneaton and North Warwickshire Family History Society. Every third Wednesday of the month, 14:00 to 16:00.
Atherstone Library is a Safe Place where you can go to get help if you feel unsafe or at risk when you are out and about.
We will help you contact your support worker, family member, carer or the police. You will know it’s a Safe Place as it will have a sticker in the window.
For more information visit the Safe Places page.
Disabled access features – DisabledGo has a detailed access guide, showing a graphical summary of the venue’s accessibility using access icons and detailed information of the key features of the venue.