For students who are not entitled to free home to school transport, the Vacant Seats scheme allows them to travel on certain Warwickshire County Council services after all entitled travellers have been accommodated. This replaces the old Concessionary and Contributory transport schemes.
Please note: Without a valid bus pass your child will not be able to travel
If you would like to apply for help with transport, please print and complete:
and post the completed form to:
Saltisford Office Park
Vacant seats will be allocated to students based on the categories below. The categories are listed in order of priority (highest first):
- Students who have travelled on the same bus service in the previous academic term
- Warwickshire residents who have not previously travelled on the service, or who are asking for a different bus service to the one travelled on in the previous academic term
- Non-Warwickshire residents who have not previously travelled on the service, or who are asking for a different bus service to the one travelled on in the previous academic term
Vacant Seats will be allocated subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Should the place be required for an entitled traveller, the service is withdrawn, or the route altered, the pass will be withdrawn. One terms notice will be given, except for students travelling by taxi, where a minimum of one weeks notice will be given.
- Where a pass is withdrawn after payment has been made, a refund will be made based on the number of days travelled.
- Vacant seat passes are not available on public transport services.
- Vacant seats for students can only be allocated once all entitled travellers have been accommodated. Parents should therefore make alternative arrangements until they have received confirmation that a vacant seat is available.
- The distance from home to school will be calculated based on the shortest available walking distance.
- A parental contribution is required for the vacant seats scheme. If this contribution is not received, students will not be able to travel.
- Students of sixth form/college age should not apply using this application form. A separate form is available from the Education Transport office.
- Passes can only be used at the start and end of a school day at normal school hours. Timetables are normally supplied with bus passes.
If you have any questions about Home to School Transport, or Warwickshire County Council’s Home to School Transport Policy, please contact the Education Transport Office: 01926 412929 (Mon – Thurs 8.30 – 5.00; Friday 8.30 – 4.30) or email email@example.com
Please note that the prices below are subject to change each year in line with the Council’s annual inflation rate.
Cost for the 2017/18 Academic Year
The rate of parental contribution is as follows:
|more than 3 miles from the school||£765 per annum or £255 per term|
|less than 3 miles from the school||£382.50 per annum or £127.50 per term|
Students or families in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits listed below are considered to be from a low income family and qualify for a reduced charge.
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- The Maximum Level of Working Tax Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (below the relevant threshold of £16,190)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
|more than 3 miles from the school||£382.50 per annum or £127.50 per term|
|less than 3 miles from the school||£191.25 per annum or £63.75 per term|
Payment can be made by cheque, postal order or credit/debit card. Payment by Standing Order is available for annual pass purchases.
If you wish to pay by this method, please tick the appropriate box on the application form. You will then be sent an invoice for the full amount along with a standing order mandate by our Finance department. Payment will be over 7 months usually starting in October and will be as follows:
Standing order payments:
|Student lives more than 3 miles from the school||£95.63 per month|
|Student lives less than 3 miles from the school||£47.81 per month|
|Student lives more than 3 miles from the school from a low income family||£47.81 per month|
|Student lives less than 3 miles from the school from a low income family||£23.91 per month|