Veterans and the Criminal Justice System
If you or a veteran you know is in contact with police, courts, prison or probation and is unsure of their options please contact Remember Veterans.
Funded by the Armed Forces Covenant, they provide:
- a confidential helpline service on 024 7634 8227 operating weekly (Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm and on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 6.30pm to 7.30pm).
- email support firstname.lastname@example.org
- a drop-in service at the Veterans Contact Point in Nuneaton
- referrals to military charities to help you with your welfare and other support (subject to eligibility)
- veteran to veteran peer support to help you access appropriate services or support in the community
- support may also be available for your family and dependents
- Prisoners Advice Service (PAS) offers free legal advice and support to adult prisoners in England and Wales
- Prison Reform Trust (PRT) runs an advice and information service for prisoners, which is independent of the prison service
- The Offenders Families Helpline on 0808 808 2003 can provide advice and support to families of someone who has been arrested, is going to court or in custody or prison
- The Prison Advice and Care Trust (Pact) is a national charity that provides support to prisoners, people with convictions, and their families
- Women in Prison provides support and advice in prison, through-the-gate on the day of release, and continued support in the community