Thinking of starting a business? Or recently started a business?
We offer a range of support to help you get your new business up and running.
Warwickshire start-up service
Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce deliver a start-up service across the county, on behalf of the County Council and the District and Borough Councils.
- Free workshops providing insight into business planning, finance and marketing
- Advice and guidance on aspects involved in setting up a business
- One-to-one mentoring from a Business Adviser
- Support on sourcing and securing financial assistance
For more information and to register, visit the Chamber of Commerce’s website. You can also book a place on a full programme of workshops and masterclasses.
This business support is part funded by the UK Government as part of the UK Shared Prosperity Funding (via Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, Rugby Borough Council and Warwick District Council). Funding is also provided by Warwickshire County Council and Stratford District Council.
Warwickshire County Council also supports Coventry and Warwickshire Reinvestment Trust’s “JumpStart” project. Jumpstart is designed to give people thinking about starting a business the courage, confidence and skills needed. It offers virtual workshops, networking, skills & knowledge from industry experts and access to start-up finance.
For more information and to book a place on one of the virtual workshops, visit CWRT’s website.
Other support available
- We work with Coventry and Warwickshire Reinvestment Trust to offer small business loans. There is also a range of other financial support available. See our Business grants, loans and finance page.
- We work in partnership with University of Warwick Science Park to deliver the Business Ready programme which supports tech-based businesses and other innovation-led or knowledge-based businesses including start-ups.
- We have a number of Business Centres situated throughout the county. These units are available on flexible terms – either a 28-day licence or a 3-year business lease.
- The Prince’s Trust offers support with starting a business to young people aged 18-30.