State-funded special schools and academies
Special schools provide specialist teaching for children with SEND. Placement in these settings is agreed by the Local Authority Provision Panel. This may be appropriate for a child with an EHC plan, depending on their level of need. You should speak to your plan coordinator at Warwickshire County Council if you think this might be suitable for your child. The panel meets monthly.
A separate panel for early years considers specialist placements for the Reception year. This takes place during the Spring term.
There are 6 generic special schools and 4 specialist special schools in Warwickshire. These are set out below. Generic Special Schools cater for a range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. The main focus is pupils who are at least one key stage below most other learners of the same age.
- Brooke School, Rugby
- Welcombe Hills School, Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Oak Wood Primary School, Nuneaton
- Oak Wood Secondary School, Nuneaton
- Woodlands School, Coleshill
- Evergreen School, Warwick
Specialist Special Schools cater for pupils who can access the mainstream curriculum with specialist support.
- Exhall Grange Specialist School & Science College, Ash Green
- Discovery Academy, Nuneaton
- Venture Academy, Henley-in-Arden
- Quest Academy, Rugby
- The Warwickshire Academy, Ash Green
Special School bases off-site (Specialist Partnerships) providing for a range of different needs.
- Harris Brooke Partnership, Rugby
- Exhall Grange Learning Pod, Ash Green
- The Junction, Rugby College
- The Map, Coleshill