Reporting abuse

If you think that an adult with care and support needs is experiencing, or at risk of, abuse or neglect, contact us.

Our adult social care teams can offer advice and support to the person and/or their carers and where necessary arrange appropriate services.

Depending on the type of abuse you may wish to contact Warwickshire Police.

What is adult safeguarding?

Safeguarding means protecting an adult’s right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect. It is about people and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect. At the same time it is about making sure that the adult’s wellbeing is promoted including, where appropriate, having regard to their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action.

Who are we trying to help?

Many adults, because of illness or disability, may be unable to protect themselves from abuse. Adults with care and support needs may be certain older people, people with learning or physical disabilities, people with mental ill-health or those with a short or long-term illness.

We will make enquiries, or ask other agencies to make enquiries, whenever we think an adult with care and support needs may be at risk of abuse or neglect in Warwickshire.