Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

Who abuses and where does it happen?

If you think that an adult with care and support needs is experiencing, or at risk of, abuse or neglect, contact us on 01926 412080.

Anyone can carry out abuse or neglect. This can include: 

  • spouses/partners
  • other family members
  • neighbours
  • friends
  • acquaintances
  • local residents
  • people who deliberately exploit adults they perceive as vulnerable to abuse
  • paid staff or professionals
  • volunteers and strangers

While a lot of attention is paid, for example, to targeted fraud or internet scams perpetrated by complete strangers, it is far more likely that the person responsible for abuse is known to the adult and is in a position of trust and power.

Abuse can happen anywhere, for example, in someone’s own home, in a public place, in hospital, in a care home or in college. It can take place when an adult lives alone or with others.

Safe Places

Safe Places are community places such as a shop or community centre where you can go to get help if you feel unsafe or at risk when you are out and about.

Contact us

Adult Social Care

  • Telephone: 01926 412080
  • Address: Warwickshire County Council, Shire Hall, Warwick, CV34 4RR
Update cookies preferences