Performing animals registration

Performing Animals (Regulation) Act 1925

Apply Online

Licence Summary

If you exhibit, use or train performing animals, in England, Wales or Scotland, you must be registered with your local authority. Applications must contain details about the animals and the performances they are to take part in. Applications may be subject to a fee.

It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. This means that you do not have the legal right (known as ‘tacit consent’) to assume that your licence is granted just because you have not heard from us.  The processing and granting of your approval may take some time but we will acknowledge receipt of your application within five working days  If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please contact us using the contact details shown.


The cost of a Performing Animal Licence is £65

Regulation Summary – A summary of the eligibility criteria for performing animals licence

Performing animals registration was last updated on February 1, 2018.