Coronavirus (Covid-19)

If you need Covid-19 related support please call the Hotline on 0800 408 1447.

For support and advice about council services please call 01926 410410.

We work with Animal Health, Defra and other partners to ensure readiness for any suspected animal disease in Warwickshire. Livestock keepers must remain vigilant for signs of disease, no matter where in the country they are. Any signs of disease must be reported to the local Defra Animal Health office without delay. Livestock keepers have a vital frontline role in detecting disease and in helping control and eradicated it. Everybody must take full responsibility for ensuring stringent biosecurity and compliance with movement restrictions. Warwickshire businesses wishing to make an animal health or animal health licensing enquiry should contact the Animal Health Licensing Team.

Business Companion – Trading Standards Business Advice

Business Companion provides free and impartial legal guidance for businesses and individuals that need to know about trading standards and consumer protection legislation. Key topics and business activities include fair trading law, product safety, underage sales, food standards and safety, animal health & welfare and weights & measures.

Animal diseases

Great Britain Poultry Register

Animal movement record books

Warwickshire County Council Trading Standards Service has previously provided movement books for recording movement details for cattle/sheep/goats/pigs/deer at a cost of £2.50. Due to changes in legislation, the service is stopping supplying these books but instead will supply individual herd registers, pig registers and veterinary medicine books free of charge.

We advise that for sheep movements farmers use the Defra Flock Register

Please contact Warwickshire Trading Standards if you require any of the books below:

  • Pig Movement Records
  • Movement Register for Bovine Animals
  • Veterinary Medicine Records

Pig movements

Movements must be recorded electronically

Sheep and goat movements

Movements must be registered within three days.

To record movements electronically visit Animal Reporting and Movement Service

If you are completing a paper movement document, send it to:

Animal Reporting & Movement Service (ARAMS)
Capita Customer Solutions
PO Box 6299
Milton Keynes
MK10 1ZQ

Advice for smallholders and ‘pet’ livestock keepers

Animal health advice for consumers

Please contact us for a copy of the buying a horse guide.

If you own or manage a premises with a high volume of animals such as a boarding establishment, the CSW Resilience Team can support you in developing your emergency evacuation procedures. Contact them on [email protected], or call 024 7683 4332