In the first instance, contact the person you have been dealing with, or their manager. Most problems can be resolved this way.
You might need to talk to people such as:
- your special educational needs coordinator (SENCO) at the school
- your social worker
- your health visitor
- another specialist worker, like your EHC plan coordinator
You can get help from SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIAS) or Healthwatch Warwickshire. You can contact them at the following links:
Make a formal complaint
If you haven’t been able to sort things out, then you may need to make a formal complaint. You could put in an appeal or use a mediation service.
Please choose the relevant area from the links below, to find out more.
- SEN support at school – check the school’s website for more details about their complaint process
- Disability discrimination
- General quality of special education at a school/academy
- NHS Health services
- Social services for children (under 18)
- Social services adults (18 or over)
Complain about policy
Policies are in place to govern what we do and how we do it. Only a senior manager or a county councillor can change a policy.
If you would like to complain about a policy please choose one of the following links: