Registering your complaint
Alternatively, you can write to:
The Customer Relations Team
PO Box 9
If we can not find a solution quickly we will register your problems as a complaint. We will:
- contact you to discuss your complaint
- agree and record what you want to happen
- determine if the right information is available
- agree on a plan of investigation and timescale with you.
Investigating your complaint
- assess the seriousness of the complaint
- decide on the most appropriate response.
Responding to your complaint
- provide a clear response to you
- share with you any improvements we intend to make.
If you are not happy with the outcome you have 20 working days to ask for a review. You will be provided with a report detailing the review findings and recommendations within 25 working days. Complex complaints can take up to 65 working days with your agreement. The senior manager's response to the report will also be sent to you.
If you are not happy with this outcome, you have 20 working days to ask for another review.
A review panel of three independent people will meet you within 30 working days. They will only look at how the second review into your complaint was conducted and whether more could have been done. The panel will provide a written report summarising their recommendations to you and the director of the relevant service. The director will write to you within a further 15 working days confirming any actions taken.
You can ask the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) to review the way we have dealt with your complaint.
Barnardo’s advocacy service can also support children and young people who are thinking about or want to make a complaint.
- Tel: 024 7637 2596
- Email: coventry&[email protected]