Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

We want to hear from you

Our aim is to make Warwickshire the best it can be for everyone. Providing high quality services is very important to us however we recognise that sometimes we may not meet the standards we set ourselves and that you expect. We welcome your feedback so that we can learn and improve and thank those staff who go the extra mile for our customers. 

How to say thank you

Our teams of dedicated people work every day with passion and purpose to serve the people of Warwickshire. 

Working for us is a big responsibility that can be challenging at times, so you can really make someone’s day by letting them know you appreciate the work they do.  

If you have experienced excellent customer service, please let us know so that we can recognise the achievements of our colleagues. Please fill in our online feedback form which can be found below, under 'How to Contact Us'.

How to contact us

You can comment, compliment or complain by . . . .  

The Customer Relations Team 
Warwickshire County Council 
Shire Hall 
CV34 4RL 

How to complain 

Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, things do occasionally go wrong. When this happens, please look at our complaints policy (PDF, 332 KB)

In these circumstances, we want to make it as simple and quick as possible for you to raise concerns with us. We will investigate all the complaints we receive and respond as quickly as possible, as well as learning from your feedback. 

It is helpful if you raise your issue with us as soon as possible, to help enable a quick resolution (complaints related to issues occurring more than a year ago are most likely to be excluded from our complaints policy). 

Register your complaint using the contact details above

Stage One – Resolution

Investigating your complaint  

  • We will talk to you about how best to investigate your concern. 
  • Usually, we will investigate within 10 working days, however, occasionally we might need to do a more complex investigation. This will take longer, usually 20 or 30 working days. 

Responding to you 

  • We will tell you what we have found, and we will explain any changes we make. 
  • We will apologise if we have got it wrong and try to put this right. 

Complaint handling

Staff should always try to resolve a customer complaint quickly and efficiently when it is presented to them. If this is not possible, then they should follow the procedure designated. There are essentially three different procedures, for complaints about:  

  • Adult Social Care Services,  
  • Children’s Services and  
  • All other services (sometimes referred to as ‘general’ or ‘corporate’ complaints).  

The procedures for Adult Social Care and Children’s Services are imposed by legislation (‘statute’), as the customers using these services are potentially more vulnerable and the issues may be more complex.  

Adult Social Care complaints involve just one stage, whereas Children’s Services’ complaints can be taken through three stages if required.  

Complaints about all other services have a two-stage (non-statutory) process but there is no automatic right to take a complaint to stage two.  

The customer must provide an explanation of why and how the initial response failed to fully address their concerns, and evidence what element(s) of the complaint have not been answered. 

After consideration, if it is decided that there is no reason to escalate the complaint to a stage two review, this will be explained within ten working days. If customers have exhausted the Council’s process(es) for their complaint but remain unhappy, they can take their issue to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) for consideration. 

About the ombudsman

The ombudsman investigates complaints in a fair and independent way and is a free service. The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman looks at individual complaints about councils and some other organisations providing local public services.  

Children and young people who are looked after, children in need

Barnardo's operate the Coventry and Warwickshire Children's Rights Service for advocacy to children who are looked after by Coventry or Warwickshire local authorities, and also children who are children in need or homeless 16 and 17 year olds.

Update cookies preferences