The Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire COVID Secure Business Pledge or CSW COVID Secure Business Pledge is open to businesses in Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire to sign up to.
The pledge seeks to promote COVID Secure best practice while providing reassurance to employees and customers of businesses in the local area. The pledge is a marketing tool to help promote that your business is doing the right thing to customers, and provide reassurance to staff.
This is a voluntary pledge, and by signing up to the Pledge, businesses are agreeing to have a number of measures to ensure their premises are COVID secure, and the necessary precautions are in place to safeguard the health and wellbeing of their employees and visitors.
What’s in the Pledge?
By signing the pledge, businesses commit to:
- Social distancing – measures to maintain 2m social distancing (or 1 metre with mitigating measures if not possible) throughout the premises
- Hygiene – commitment to provide hygiene facilities for staff and customers and regular cleaning of premises to reduce transmission of Coronavirus, including hand washing facilities and hand sanitising
- Face coverings – all staff in public facing roles will wear a face covering (unless they have a legal exemption · Ventilation – the provision of adequate ventilation, in line with PHE and HSE guidance
- Regular testing – encourage our staff to undertake asymptomatic COVID Lateral Flow Tests a minimum of once a week
- Staff Health and Well-being – we will support our staff with health and well-being needs. The pledge provides free access to the EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) for SMEs employing 50 or less (or 100 or less for hospitality businesses).
- Preventing and Controlling Outbreaks – support staff to self isolate as required and undertake appropriate contact tracing for all cases identified in the workplace, ensuring all close contacts isolate in line with national guidance
- Vaccinations – support employees to access vaccinations
- Risk Assessments – We have carried out and regularly review our COVID risk assessment, communicating with staff and ensuring they follow its recommendations.
The Pledge is open to businesses of all sectors, with initial promotion and sign ups welcomed from the sectors that are phased within the first stages of the national road map to reopen.
Recognising that in some areas and some sectors, businesses may have already signed up to the national Visit Britain ‘Good to Go’ campaign that is primarily focused on the visitor economy, this pledge can be used in addition or for all other business sectors that wish to take part.
By signing the pledge, your business can also access useful information on business support available, help with designing risk assessments, and free access to the Warwickshire EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) Programme to provide help online or over the telephone for staff experiencing difficulties at this time.
How it Works
- Read and sign up to the pledge
- Enter your details to access information and support
- Access the pledge poster and information leaflet
- Post it on your business premises for staff and customers to see
- Keep to the pledge promises, and let your staff know about the well-being and mental health resources available, including the EAP Programme
Make the CSW COVID Secure Business Pledge
View our general privacy notice
For CSW Pledge enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the Prevent and Response Team email email@example.com