Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

You can access occupational therapy if you have been assessed as having eligible needs for care and support, and your support plan shows that this would help you.

Occupational therapists work with adults and older people. Occupational therapists can help if you are having difficulty with day-to-day tasks or if you might be at risk of harm, or at risk of losing your independence.

Occupational therapists are regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council, who holds a register of all those people who are eligible to practice.

Occupational therapy services for children and young people are provided by your local health service through the Children’s Occupational Therapy Service.

Help and benefits

We will talk to you to get full information about your needs. This may result in:

  • referring you to a more appropriate service
  • giving you advice over the telephone
  • arranging to visit you at home or
  • a combination of these actions

We will work with you to agree on a plan of action that meets your needs. This may be through:

  • suggesting alternative ways of completing a task
  • loaning specialist equipment
  • recommending minor building adaptations such as grab rails
  • recommending grant support for major adaptations to make your home more suitable for independent living
Update cookies preferences