What it is
Regular telephone or face to face meetings to build friendships between people. The referee will typically be matched with a volunteer with similar interests or background and then the volunteer will keep in touch for a period of time to befriend the referee.
Who is it for
Anyone age 16 or over in Warwickshire who would like to make a friend and be contacted regularly by them. Please be aware that the criteria changes with each organisation so please check suitablility before making any recommendations or referrals.
Organsiations offering befriending in Warwickshire
- Age UK Telephone Befriending for anyone age 70 and over, living in Coventry & Warwickshire, that does not receive regular visits from family/friends. You can make a referral or refer yourself via Phone: 01926 458113 or Email: Befriending@ageukcovwarks.org.uk
- Chatterbox Action Against Loneliness Programme Short-term telephone befriending programme designed to support those who are lonely and isolated due to their caring role, bereavement, age, or life-limiting and end of life challenges. You can make a referral or refer yourself via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01743 366142.
- Independent Age are focussed on connecting people aged 65+ with other people with similar interests and experiences, this includes our own locally-based friendship volunteers, telephone groups and friendships, and connection to activities in their own communities and other local services that can be of help. Please contact our helpline on 0800 319 6789.
- Library Telephone Befriending offers Warwickshire Residents the opportunity to be contacted by a member of the library staff on a regular basis to have a chat. It is aimed at people over 18 who might be lonely or living alone. If you are interested in receiving this service, or know someone who might be, please email: email@example.com or phone 0300 555 8171 and leave a message.
- Springfield Mind Telephone and Zoom Befriending for anyone over 16 and living in South Warwickshire, Stratford, Leamington or Warwick living with mental health difficulties. You can make a referral or refer yourself via phone 01789 298615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Silver Line is the only free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and support to older people, open 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can call The Silver Line anytime of the day or night, on 0800 4 70 80 90 and calls are free.
- WARKS Vision Telephone Befriending for anyone with a visual impairment over 18 and living in Warwickshire. You can make a referral or refer yourself via phone 01926 411331 for more details or complete the Contact Us form.