Social prescribing is a way to connect with others based around your interests and hobbies. You will be assigned a social prescriber who will get to know you and introduce you to things in your area that might be suitable for you. They can even come along with you the first few times until you feel comfortable. It is useful for people who aren’t very confident in going to new places on their own or people who feel they’d like an little bit of extra support.
There are different social prescribing schemes running in Warwickshire so depending on where you live you might have a different referral process. Details of all the schemes and who they are for can be found below.
Who is it for?
Anyone over 18 living in Warwickshire.
Organisations offering social prescribing
North Warwickshire, Nuneaton & Bedworth and Rugby Boroughs
- Health Exchange Social Prescribing - For people over 18 living in Rugby or North Warwickshire. You can be referred via your GP or, if you wish to refer yourself, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a referral form.
- Brunswick Healthy Living Centre Wellbeing Officers- We provide support and signposting to activities and groups in South Leamington. We support people over 18 living in South Leamington and the surrounding areas. You can be referred from professionals or self-refer via email email@example.com by phoning 01926 422123 or calling into the centre.
- Sydni Centre - Social Prescribing For people over 18 and living in the Syndenham Area. You can be referred by your GP or call the centre to make an appointment on 01926 422071. Operating days are Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- South Warwickshire GP Healthy Connections - For people over 18 registered with a GP in the south of the county. You can be referred through your GP or who can pass your details onto a Social Prescribing Link Worker in your area. As the social prescribers sit with Primary Care Networks they are based at various surgeries throughout the locality. The surgeries and localities are found on the map.
- Hospital Social Prescribing service provided by Age UK Coventry and Warwickshire - for people over 18 living in Warwickshire who are currently in either George Elliot Hospital, Nuneaton, St Cross Hospital, Rugby, or Warwick Hospital. You can be referred by the Ward Staff or if you wish to refer yourself, please telephone 02476 231 999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.