For secondary school entry in September 2020
We are currently administering the testing process for Year 7 entry in September 2020. Children born between 1 September 2008 and 31 August 2009 can register to sit the 11+ selection test for 2020 entry.
On-time registration for the test ended on 28 June 2019. Candidates who registered by this deadline will sit the test in September 2019. Invitations will be sent out in August.
Even if you missed the deadline, you can still register your child for the 2020 entry 11+ test. However, they will be classed as a late candidate and they will not be invited to a testing session until after 2 March 2020. By this point, many grammar schools are likely to be full and unable to offer your child a place.
Online registration is now closed so please complete the Late 11+ registration form (PDF, 717KB) and send it to the address shown as soon as possible.
What happens next (for late registrations)?
- You will receive an acknowledgement once your 11+ registration has been submitted. If it does not arrive, check your junk and spam folders.
- View or download Familiarisation booklet 2020 entry (PDF, 1.4 MB) which shows the style of questions and answer formats which will be included in the Warwickshire 2020 entry 11+ test.
- Testing will take place after 2 March 2020. You will be notified of the date nearer the time.
- We send you your child’s results.
- Submit your application for a place at secondary schools. This will be classed as a late application.
For entry during the 2019/20 academic year
For children who started secondary school in September 2019, the local authority may still be able to arrange for them to sit the 11+ test. This is only possible for children who are still under the age of 12 and have never sat the Warwickshire 11+ test. To register your child for a testing session, complete the 11+ registration form and send it to the address shown. Testing usually takes place once a month at the council offices in Warwick.
Sitting the 11+ test (or an internal test directly with a school) is not an application for a Warwickshire grammar school. Please contact your home authority to find out more about their in-year application process.
Children aged 12 or over
For children who are 12 or over, you will need to contact the grammar schools you are interested in applying for in order to register your interest for your child to be tested. They will need to sit an internal test with each grammar school they are interested in and their results compared to those of the year group they intend to join.