Due to current global circumstances, we are currently looking at contingency measures regarding 11+ testing sessions, in case social distancing rules are still in place during September. Please register your child as normal for the 11+ test and we will contact you in due course when we have further information about testing sessions for the September 2021 entry cohort.
Due to current global circumstances, we are currently looking at contingency measures regarding 11+ testing sessions, in case social distancing rules are still in place during September.
Please register your child as normal for the 11+ test and we will contact you in due course when we have further information about testing sessions for the September 2021 entry cohort.
For secondary school entry in September 2021
We are currently administering the testing process for Year 7 entry in September 2021. Children born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010 can register to sit the 11+ selection test for 2021 entry. You can register your child for the 11+ test using our online parent portal.
On-time registration for the test closes on 29 June 2020. Candidates who register by this deadline will sit the test on scheduled dates in September 2020. Invitations are scheduled to be sent out by the end of August.
If you miss the deadline to register your child as an on-time candidate for the 2021 entry 11+ test, you can still register them to sit the test through a paper-based form. However, they will be classed as a late candidate. Testing sessions for late candidates will be scheduled for after 1 March 2021. By this point, many grammar schools are likely to be full and, therefore, unable to offer your child a place.
How to register your child as an on-time candidate for the 2021 entry 11+ test
- Create an account, or log into an already existing account, on our online parent portal.
- Add the child to your account following the instructions on each page
- You will then need to click on ‘Register for the Warwickshire 2021 entry11+ Test’.
Please note: This is not an application for secondary school. It is only the registration for your child to sit the 2021 entry 11+ test. You must make a separate application for secondary schools through your home authority. For Warwickshire residents, this process will begin on 4th September 2020, at which time, you will be able to log back into your online account and apply for secondary schools for your child.
- Follow all of the instructions on the 11+ registration and remember to click submit at the end.
- You will receive an automated email acknowledgement once your 11+ registration has been submitted. If it does not arrive, check your junk and spam folders. If you do not receive this email, then it is likely that you have not successfully submitted an 11+ test registration for your child. Go back to your online account and check this. If you are unsure, then submit another registration for your child.
- View and/or download the familiarisation guides for 2021 entry, which can be found in the 'Documents and Downloads' section of this page. These show the style of questions and answer formats that will be included in the Warwickshire 2021 entry 11+ test, as well as examples to indicate the range of skills required to complete the assessment. These familiarisation guides are NOT definitive and the inclusion of any question types does not guarantee that they will be found in the final assessment.
- Testing sessions for on time candidates are scheduled to take place in September 2020. However, due to current global events, this may change. We will notify you of your child’s allocated test session and venue in due course.
For entry during the 2019/20 academic year
For children who start secondary school in September 2020, the local authority may still be able to arrange for them to sit the 11+ test. This is only possible for children who are still under the age of 12 and have never sat the Warwickshire 11+ test. To register your child for a testing session, please email us to request a registration form: [email protected]. Testing usually takes place once a month at the council offices in Warwick.
Sitting the 11+ test is not an application for a Warwickshire grammar school. Please contact your home authority to find out more about their in-year application process.
Children aged 12 or over
For children who are 12 or over, you will need to contact the grammar schools you are interested in applying for in order to register your interest for your child to be tested by them. They will need to sit an internal selection test with each grammar school they are interested in, and their results will be compared to those of the year group they intend to join in order to assess their academic suitability for a place.
Sitting a selection test with one (or more) of the grammar schools is not an application for a Warwickshire grammar school. Please contact your home authority to find out more about their in-year application process.