We will not send your new bus pass automatically when it expires.
You can renew your bus pass, free of charge:
- from one month before the expiry date
- up to a year after the expiry date.
If you have a disabled person’s bus pass (with an orange stripe down the side) we may need additional evidence to confirm your eligibility. If you have a disabled person’s pass but now qualify for an older person’s pass, you do not need to provide evidence of your disability. You will be issued with an older person’s pass when you renew.
Please note that:
- you will not be able to renew online if you have changed your name or address, as we will need to see evidence.
- we may ask you to visit a library or council office or write to us if we need a new photograph or up to date evidence of a qualifying disability.
You will normally receive your new bus pass through the post within two weeks. You can carry on using your old pass until it expires, or until the new pass arrives.
If your bus pass does not arrive, then you must notify us and request a replacement within four weeks of your request. Otherwise, you will be charged for a replacement.
Once your new bus pass arrives you can start using it straight away and you must cut up the old one.
To renew your pass online you will need:
- the long number from the front of your bus pass.
If you want to update your photo, then you will need either a webcam or built-in camera to take your photo or a passport style photo which you can upload.
You can't renew online at the moment if:
- we need to see up to date evidence of your disability
- you need to update your address
- you need to change the name on your pass.
Please call 01926 359180. You will not be able to renew over the phone if your address or name have changed, or if you need a new photograph.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, you can't apply for or request a bus pass from a library or council office at the moment. Please contact us by telephone or email instead, and use our online services if you are able to.
If you have an older person's pass then download and complete the Renewal request form – older person’s bus pass (PDF, 58 KB) and post it to us.
If you have a disabled person's pass then please contact us by email to [email protected] or by calling 01926 359180 so we can advise you what is needed.