As always, an exciting range of fresh food and local specialties are available for you to enjoy. Farmers’ Markets are good for farmers, rural communities, market towns, the environment, your health and your taste buds.
Farmers’ Market – more information on farmers’ markets.
There are three golden rules that should apply to a genuine farmers’ market:
- Producers must be local, defined as within a specified radius of the market site (normally 30 miles).
- Producers must sell their own produce. All secondary produce should contain local ingredients where appropriate.
- The person behind the stall must be the producer, a close family member or an employee directly involved with production, allowing you to ask questions about how it was produced. Try it – they like to talk.
When and where
Farmers and Food and Produce Markets
- Stratford Upon Avon – Rother Street First & Third Saturday of the Month 9am – 4pmContact: Geraud Markets
- Royal Leamington Spa – Pump Room Gardens Fourth Saturday of the Month, 9am – 2pmContact: CJ’s Events
- Warwick – The Market Square When there is a Fifth Saturday in a Month Contact: CJ’s Events
- Rugby – Clock Tower Last Thursday of the Month, 9am – 2pm
- Contact: Rugby First 01788 572150 or 07769904366
- Coleshill – Church Hill Fourth Friday of the month, 10 am – 2pm
- Contact: 01827 716551
- Coventry – Broadgate Third Friday of the Month, 9 am to 4.30 pm
- Contact: Sketts Farmers’ Markets