- Service area
- Social care and health
- Social care charging policy
- Related documents
- Publication detail
The main principle to be applied in this Policy is that charges will be based on the full cost of the service and that individuals will pay 100% of this charge where they can afford to do so.
We adopt the following principles to ensure a fair approach to individual contributions:
- Contributions will be calculated through an individual financial assessment and based on service subject to individual agreement and provision of information.
- Individual financial assessments will ensure that individuals contribute based on their ability to pay calculated using national guidelines and our Council policy.
- The financial assessment will ensure that all individuals will retain at least their basic Income Support or Pension Credit Guarantee level plus an additional 25% as a minimum level of income to be retained. No contribution for services within the financial assessment process will apply where income is equal to, or lower than, this level.
- Individuals can receive a benefits check as part of their financial assessment to maximise their full benefit entitlement.
- Services users have the right to decline a full financial assessment and may instead choose to contribute the maximum level for their service.
- Any contribution raised will not exceed the cost of providing a service.
- Where contributions are not made debt recovery may be pursued for all outstanding contributions.
- A waiver process is in place for contributions in exceptional cases as defined by our waiver policy.
What services we charge for
A contribution will be made for the following services:
- Home Care
- Day Care
- Direct Payments
- Other Chargeable Services – this applies when a person receives a service that does not ordinarily fall into the chargeable services defined above i.e. home care, day care, transport, telecare and personal assistants. The charge will be based on the people/providers that support the customer.
- You may also be interested in
- Contact us