- Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Services (WFRS) - Fire Prevention
- Privacy notice
Last updated: 31 July 2020
This privacy notice applies to WFRS Safe and Well Checks. It should be read in addition to the council’s overall Customer Privacy Notice.
- Purpose for processing
We process your information:
- to enable Safe & Well visits to be carried out for identified vulnerable people
- to provide Fire Safety and Health advice on trips and falls, smoking, winter warmth and home security.
- Personal information collected and lawful basis
The service processes the following personal information:
- Personal details – name, address, DoB
- Contact information - telephone number and email address
- Tasks carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
We also process some special category (sensitive) information:
- Physical or mental health details, including health dependancies
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Disability / special needs / requirements
The lawful for processing this sensitive (special category) is:
- Substantial public interest
- Who we may share your information with
We will share with the following services:
- Warwickshire County Council Customer Service Centre
- Adult Social Care & Support Services
- Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Information will only ever be shared when it is strictly necessary to help us provide effective services and you may have the right to refuse. We will not pass it onto any other parties unless required to do so by law or in all reasonable circumstances the disclosure is fair and warranted for the purposes of processing or subject to a legal data protection exemption.
- How long we will hold your information
Current year + 2 years
Please note: all stated retention periods will be subject to any legal holds imposed under the Inquiries Act 2005 that may concern the information and override standard retention.
Your information rights
You are entitled to a copy of, or a description of the personal data we hold that relates to you, subject to lawful restrictions. Find out how to request this using the online secure form.
You are entitled to the rectification, restriction, and objection of your personal information.
The right of erasure is not available for this service.
No automated decision making, including profiling, is carried out by this service.
Requests may be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by writing to:
Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service
See our overall privacy notice for contact details and if you have a complaint about your information rights.
- You may also be interested in