Support for Early Help practitioners
We are currently updating this page. Check back soon for additional support resources.
Early Help Pathway
The Early Help Pathway is a set of tools that have been designed so that professionals can work with families to understand their situation, recognise their strengths and identify actions that will enable them to overcome challenges they are facing.
This replaces the Early Help Single Assessment process and all associated documentation. Please see the guide below for details on how to transition from the EHSA to the Early Help Pathway. For further information about the documents and changes to processes, contact your local Targeted Support Officer.
Please note that from Friday 14 February, we will not be accepting any old Early Help Single Assessments and Family Support Meeting Minutes. Please use the guidance packs below to help you facilitate the Early Help Pathway.
- Early Help Pathway Assessment Guidance (PDF, 489 KB)
- Early Help Pathway Review Guidance (PDF, 310 KB)
- Early Help Pathway Closure Guidance (PDF, 375 KB)
- Pathway to Change Tool Guidance (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Early Help Triage Tool Guidance (PDF, 720 KB)
When you click on the links to the forms below, they will open in a web browser. Please do not complete these in the web browser, you will not be able to save.
Please follow the instructions below in order to open, complete and save the forms using Adobe Reader:
- Click on the link of the form you want to complete.
- When it opens in your web browser, click the download button on the top right of the screen, or right-click anywhere on the page and select Download.
- Open the Downloads folder on your PC or device.
- Find the form you just downloaded, right-click, then click Open with... and select Adobe Reader.
- Once the form opens in Adobe Reader, select File, then Save as to save the form in a location of your choice, under the name of the family.
You can now return to the form at any point from the saved location. You can also make edits after saving if you need to add additional information.
- Early Help Pathway Assessment - digital (PDF, 892 KB)
- Early Help Pathway Review - digital (PDF, 859 KB)
- Early Help Pathway Closure - digital (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Pathway to Change Tool - digital (1.4 MB)
- Early Help Triage Tool - digital (PDF, 678 KB)