Coronavirus (Covid-19)

If you are extremely vulnerable to Covid-19 and need additional support, call 0800 408 1447.

Support and advice about coronavirus and council services. Or call 01926 410410

Apply for a child performance licence

You can apply for a child performance licence please download, complete, and return to the address at the bottom of the form.

The applicant should complete Part 1 of the form. It should be forwarded to the parent to complete and sign Part 2. It should then be returned to the applicant who, having full details of the child including any medical conditions they should be aware of, should sign the application form on Page 7/8 after the parent has signed and dated.

The completed form together with a copy of the child's birth certificate, 1 photograph of the child taken within the last 6 months, a copy of the contract( if issued) and a letter giving permission for absence from school (if applicable) should be emailed to the local authority where the child resides. The school letter giving permission should be on headed paper.

The application form should be returned at least 21 days before the start of the first performance. Use this word file to complete the application on your computer, then print and return to us. Unfortunately, we do not have online applications currently.

If a child is to be absent from school a letter authorising the absence should be submitted with the application form to avoid any delays.

The local authority may refuse to issue a licence if the performance is believed to be detrimental to the health, care and/or education of the child. The local authority may acquire additional information from the applicant before a licence is issued and in some cases, the local authority may also revoke previously issued licences (licences which are currently running) if there are concerns about the welfare of the particular child named in the application.

For further information on licences see GOV.UK - Child employment or email [email protected].