Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

When is a licence required?

A child performance licence must be obtained if a child under compulsory school leaving age performs in:

  • theatre – where a charge is made
  • modelling and sport – where the child or any other person is paid (this is not an admission charge but a ‘wage’)
  • licensed premises.

Performance (including modelling and filming)

The licence applicant is the person responsible for the production in which the child is to take part. This does not include the proprietor of a drama or dancing school or another person (such as an agent) who provides children for a production but does not themselves present it. The holder of the licence is the person who is responsible for observing the restrictions and conditions subject to which the licence is granted.

Update cookies preferences