Warwickshire Trading Standards has a partnership with two approved trader schemes, helping residents to find a professional Trading Standards vetted trader.
No rogue traders here (NRTH)
NRTH is an approved trader scheme with a difference, putting consumers in touch with traders who have been fully vetted.
All traders are:
- approved by Trading Standards
- bankruptcy and identity checked
- home and business addresses verified
- licences and insurance verified
- monitored on both quality and price
- interviewed before being admitted to the scheme
The scheme is very user friendly:
- The consumer registers with the scheme and provides details of what type of work they need. NRTH contact their pool of vetted traders and provide the consumer with up to three company profiles of traders that meet the requirements and qualifications for the job.
- The consumer then contacts these traders (and sometimes vice-versa) and arranges for them to visit and quote for the job.
- The consumer considers the quotes and chooses the trader they want to use.
- In the unlikely event of a dispute between trader and customer and unlike other schemes, NRTH will step in to find a resolution. If they need to they will also visit the property to assess the work carried out first hand.
NRTH vetted traders include:
- double glazing
- central heating and boilers
They also have handymen who will carry out small jobs.
To find out more and register, visit No Rogue Traders Here website or phone 0800 233 5000.
The scheme is already supported by Birmingham, Solihull, Dudley and Wolverhampton Trading Standards Services.