Already have an account ?
To join online, applicants must either:
- live, work or study in Warwickshire or;
- live in a neighbouring county, for more than eight weeks, from the date of joining.
Complete the form and we will send your library card to your home address.
With full membership you can:
- use any Warwickshire library;
- borrow books, and e-books free of charge;
- borrow DVDs and CDs;
- use the Internet and other computer services;
- request items from other library services;
- use pay websites, for free, in the library and at home;
- use other library services for study or reference.
In return we ask you to:
- return your items on time;
- respect the library bye-laws, available at Library Policies.
Full membership is open to anyone who lives, works or studies in Warwickshire or lives in a neighbouring county and will do so for more than eight weeks, from the date of joining.
Ask any member of staff at a County Council managed library.
Find a library – locations and opening hours.
Please show one form of ID with your name and address or photo ID;
- utility bill;
- postmarked envelope;
- bank statement;
- rent agreement;
- photo driving licence;
- official personal correspondence (not handwritten letters);
- Coventry Libraries card;
- medical card.
Concessionary tickets for Warwickshire Libraries users
In addition to our standard tickets for children and adults of all ages, we also offer a range of tickets suitable for people who have a disability or whose circumstances fit one of the categories below:
For over 16s these categories include:
- adults with learning and reading difficulties including dyslexia;
- Books on Prescription users;
- carers (16+);
- child minders;
- foster carers;
- home educators;
- hearing impaired adults;
- home library service to individuals (books collected by carers for a housebound person);
- mobility impaired adults;
- visually impaired adults;
For under 16s these categories include:
- foster children;
- visually impaired children;
- mobility impaired children;
- hearing impaired children;
- children with learning difficulties including dyslexia;
- home library service to individuals (books collected by carers for a housebound child);
- young carers (aged 15 and under);
If you think you fit one of the categories, please talk to a member of staff at a council managed library. They will be happy to advise you and update your membership type.
You can join as a temporary member if you are visiting Warwickshire and staying between 8 days and 8 weeks. No proof of local address is necessary but proof of name and signature is, (e.g. bank card, passport).
You can borrow two books and two magazines for the standard three week loan period.
Universal Membership is a national scheme enabling library members to borrow physical books from any local library service in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland. A library card from another authority within the UK can also be accepted in lieu of name and signature ID.