Coronavirus (Covid-19)

If you are extremely vulnerable to Covid-19 and need additional support, call 0800 408 1447.

Support and advice about coronavirus and council services. Or call 01926 410410

Apply for a new dropped kerb or extension

If you already have permission, or if the site does not require planning permission, complete the application form and return it to the appropriate Area Office.

If your application is rejected and you wish to appeal, contact the appropriate Area Office.

How much will it cost?

For planning permission costs please contact your local District planning authorities.

There is a non-refundable fee of £121 per application to cover the cost of administration and inspections. We will notify you when the payment is due.

We are unable to provide an estimate of how much contractors will charge to carry out the work. We recommend requesting a quote from a Street Works Accredited contractor before submitting your application.

How long does the process take?

Once Form A (above) has been received, you will be contacted to arrange payment within 10 working days. Once payment has been made the application will be reviewed by our Locality team usually within 10 working days. If the application is acceptable, Form B will be issued which is required to be completed by the contractors. Once form B is returned a final permission letter will be sent, this grants permission for two years. Failure to complete the works within two years will result in a new application.

The total time will depend on whether planning permission is needed and on the timeframe offered by the appointed contractor. Works should be completed within two years from the date of permission. If works are not completed in this time, a new application will be needed.

Applying for a dropped kerb extension

Applications for an extension follow the same process as those for new dropped kerb. If the vehicle access to be extended is on an A, B or C road, planning permission will need to be sought from the appropriate district/borough council.