Get cheaper energy together: Join our collective switch today.
You could save money on your gas and electricity by switching energy supplier. Warwickshire County Council is running its second collective energy switch for residents.
Our most recent auction resulted in very competitive tariffs with average household savings of £128 a year.
Warwickshire County Council has partnered with iChoosr, independent experts in group buying, to help residents save money on their gas and electricity bills by using combined buying power to access highly competitive tariffs from suppliers.
You have until 27 November to register your interest and benefit from the energy deal secured from the recent auction which took place on October 9th.
How to register
You will need to have a recent energy bill or a copy of your annual statement to hand. Your name will need to appear on the bill.
- Register online
- By telephone with our local partner Act On Energy – 0800 988 2881(free phone line). Phone lines are open from Monday to Friday – from 9am to 5pm.
- By visiting our face to face registration events at your local library.
How to switch
- You will receive an offer from 22 October 2018 onwards. Please check your email spam/junk folder if you do not receive your offer by 20 November 2018 and you’re accepting online. You can contact us on 0800 988 2881(free phone line) if you haven’t received your offer.
- There’s no obligation to switch but if you do you’ll need to accept your offer before 27 November 2018 (by email) or 20 November (by post).
Please keep an eye on the expiry of your current or newly secured electricity and/or gas contract. You may be able to get a cheaper energy deal by switching supplier with us again.
Missed the auction date
The auction happens three times each year in February, May and October.
Don’t forget – you can spread the word to your families and friends.
You can find out more about the scheme and register face to face at any of our events. You will need to bring your gas/electricity bills to one of the events.
|Shipston on Stour Library||Tuesday 13 November||9.30am to 12.30pm|
|Shire Hall, Warwick||Tuesday 13 November||9.30am to 2.30pm|
|Rugby Library||Wednesday 14 November||9.30am to 2.30pm|
|Nuneaton Library||Thursday 15 November||9.30am to 2.30pm|
|King’s House, Bedworth,||Thursday 15 November||10.00am to 12.00pm|
Understanding your bill
Fixed term contracts
You should consider if there are any possible early termination fees if you are on a fixed term contract with your current energy supplier. These should not apply in the last 49 days of your contract.
Many suppliers have increased their standard tariffs in the last few months, so now is a good time to see how much you can save. These are their ‘standard variable tariffs’. Suppliers will put you on this if you haven’t switched before or if your fixed term contract has ended. Seven out of ten households are on a standard tariff, which means they could save the most by switching.
If your fixed period is coming to an end in the next month or so, you should be able to switch without penalty, some fixed contracts come with exit fees (or early termination fees). These should not apply in the last 49 days of your fixed term contract.
iChoosr will confirm with the winning supplier whether they can support your smart meter without losing any functions.
- Contact iChoosr on 0800 0488 285 or email email@example.com
- Find out more about Acton Energy
- If you are off gas mains supply and use Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) you may want to find out more from Warwickshire Rural Community Council (WRCC) Energy