For students who are not entitled to free home to school transport and students aged 16-19, this scheme allows travel on Warwickshire County Council bus services after all entitled travellers have been accommodated.
Seats will be allocated to students based on the following categories (listed in order of priority – highest first):
- Students who have travelled on the same bus service in the previous academic term
- Warwickshire residents who have not previously travelled on the service, or who are asking for a different bus service to the one travelled on in the previous academic term
- Non-Warwickshire residents who have not previously travelled on the service, or who are asking for a different bus service to the one travelled on in the previous academic term
Scheme terms and conditions
Seats will be allocated subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Should the place be required for an entitled traveller, the service is withdrawn, or the route altered, the pass will be withdrawn. One terms notice will be given, except for students travelling by taxi, where a minimum of one weeks’ notice will be given.
- Where a pass is withdrawn after payment has been made, a refund will be made based on the number of days travelled.
- Passes are not available on public transport services.
- Seats can only be allocated once all entitled travellers have been accommodated. Parents should therefore make alternative arrangements until they have received confirmation that a seat is available.
- The distance from home to school will be calculated based on the shortest available walking distance. The distance from the bus stop is irrelevant.
- A parental contribution is required. If this contribution is not received, students will not be able to travel.
- Passes can only be used at the start and end of a school day at normal school hours. Timetables can be found on the School Bus timetables page.