Make a safeguarding referral

Before making a referral

Please read the Thresholds Document to decide whether your concerns require a referral to Children’s Social Care.

Consider whether the needs of the person can be met by services or professionals already involved before making a referral.

Discuss your concerns with your agency’s safeguarding lead or your line manager.

For urgent concerns

If you have an urgent child protection concern and need to get in touch with us, call the MASH on

01926 414 144

Lines are open from:

  • Monday to Thursday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
  • Friday: 8:30am – 5:00pm

You will then need to complete and return a Multi-Agency Referral Form (MARF) (DOCX, 2.13 MB) and send to

Out of hours

If you need to get in touch out of usual office hours, please contact the Emergency Duty Team immediately on:

01926 886 922

Emergency contact

If you think that a child is at immediate risk, contact the police immediately on:


For non urgent concerns

Complete the Multi Agency Referral Form (DOCX, 2.13 MB) and send to

Make a safeguarding referral was last updated on June 19, 2018.