Safeguarding consultation

You should seek support within your own agency in the first instance. You could speak to the Designated Safeguarding Lead or a Safeguarding Nurse.

For any additional advice you can arrange a consultation with a children’s social care professional. Please call 01926 414144.

You can’t remain anonymous when seeking advice; children discussed should be identified to ensure the correct advice is given. The consultation will be recorded against the child’s details. You will need to follow the information guidelines for your organisation.

You will need to discuss any concerns with the parents/guardians. We will not contact the family.

You don’t have to follow the advice offered. However, the concern will be escalated if safeguarding activity is required and the advice is not followed.