- Warwickshire Education Services (WES)
- Privacy notice
Last updated: 21 July 2020
We take your privacy rights seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal data. This notice sets out what information we hold about you, what we do with it and how it will be used. This notice applies to you if you use or have used WES Services and/or are a registered user of the WES website or you are a potential user of WES Services. It should be read in addition to the council’s overall Customer Privacy Notice and in addition to the Council’s Education and Learning Privacy Notice.
WES is part of the Warwickshire County Council, which is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a ‘data controller.’
- Personal information collected and lawful basis
We may collect, use, store and transfer the following kinds of personal data:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- Your contact telephone number.
- Information about the services your organisation has purchased from WES, including training courses.
- Your login details for the WES website including your username (your email address) and chosen password. Passwords are stored in an encrypted manner which means we cannot see what they are.
- Any feedback you give us through the WES website, via email or through our training feedback systems.
- The IP address you used to access our website and the current and last date you logged in.
- Your website visits are stored to help us identify which parts of our site are used and which need further development. This information is anonymised.
- Information about whether or not you have opened email messages from us and if you have clicked on any links within the messages. This helps us identify whether our messages are relevant and helpful also to improve these where needed.
- Your preferences in receiving communications and marketing from us.
We use your personal data to deliver WES Services to you and to contact you about the services your organisation has purchased from WES in line with the overall contract that your organisation entered into with Warwickshire County Council when buying services, and where necessary to manage your contract.
We may also use your personal data where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, such as to enable us to develop and enhance our services, to market WES Services to you and/or to improve your experience as a customer with WES.
We will use the information you provide in a manner that conforms to the Data Protection legislation. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and keep it for no longer than is necessary under the contract that your organisation entered into with Warwickshire County Council or required by law.
We use your personal information to administer your account, deliver your contract and communicate with you about the services you have purchased. This includes staff members with whom the service are in contact for day to day delivery of services. The lawful basis for this processing is the performance of a contract with your organisation.
Users who have manager access to the WES website will by default receive email marketing messages such as information about other WES Services, WES offers, enhancements to current services and new products unless you choose to opt out. The lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interests in studying how customers use our services, developing our services and growing our business. We will stop sending you email marketing messages if you choose to opt out.
For users with reader access to the WES website who have given consent by opting into marketing through the 'Update my Profile’ section on the WES website, we also use your personal information to provide you with email marketing messages such as information about other WES Services, WES offers, enhancements to current services and new products. The lawful basis for this processing is consent and we will stop sending you email marketing messages if you withdraw that consent by opting out.
All users can opt out or update their preferences for email marketing at any time through the ‘Update my Profile’ section of the WES website.
We may also use your personal data to market prospective services to you, unless you object or opt out. We will always tell you how to opt out.
For any other users please see ‘your information rights below’.
We have policies and processes in place to ensure the effective and secure processing of your personal information.
- Who we may share your information with
Personal information is used by staff within Warwickshire County Council and staff within its wholly owned companies, for example Educaterers Limited and Warwickshire Legal Services Trading Limited.
We may use third party applications or companies to support the delivery of our services but only when we have ensured that sufficient steps have been taken to protect personal data.
- How long we will hold your information
We keep your contact information for as long as you are a registered user on our Website. If you remove your account from the WES website then you will be automatically removed from email marketing messages.
If you have had any contact with WES, for example you have made a service enquiry or a training course booking, your details will remain on our systems for as long as is necessary under the contract that your organisation entered into with Warwickshire County Council, for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements, or as long as is required by law.
- Your information rights
You have the right to request that we:
- provide a copy of your personal information
- correct any errors in your personal information and restrict processing until completed
- object to the processing, depending on the service and legal basis
- erase personal information, depending on the service and legal basis
- withdraw consent and have your data deleted, if consent is used as the legal basis for the service
WES does not undertake automated decision making or profiling. Where you believe the information we process on you is incorrect, you can update your information on the WES website, if you are a registered user.
For access to a copy of your personal information.
For any other information rights contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01926 412210.
See our overall privacy notice for further contact details and if you have a complaint about your information rights.