Information for sponsors
From Tuesday 3rd May the £200 payment will be made by Warwickshire County Council through a payment system which will enable guests to collect monies from a Post Office branch. Sponsors will be contacted directly by Warwickshire County Council to confirm the process.
Sponsors can email email@example.com to advise their guest(s) have arrived providing the sponsor name, property address and guest names.
Events for sponsors
Communities and Partnerships Team is hosting a webinar which will attempt to give you information about Ukrainian heritage.
Join this event to find out more about Ukrainian geography, history and culture. Speakers from Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain as well as our own staff will be delivering a session which will help you learn a few basic phrases in Ukrainian as well as learning about Ukrainian food. We will explore common professions, hobbies and interests of people from Ukraine.
For more details and to book your place visit our eventbrite page.
National support and information
- 'Homes for Ukraine' Sponsorship scheme. This bespoke scheme will offer a route to those who want to come to the UK who have someone here willing to provide them with a home. It will enable individuals, charities, community groups and businesses to volunteer accommodation and provide a route to safety for those forced to escape their homeland.
- Homes for Ukraine scheme: frequently asked questions. Questions and answers on how the Homes for Ukraine scheme will work.
Resources for matching sponsors with families
- Reset Communities and Refugees - A national charity commissioned by the UK Government to help register and match refugees from Ukraine with sponsors from across the UK (matching and re-matching)
- Reset, which runs the only government-endorsed matching service, has published a Sponsor Toolkit
- Hand in Hand - A Coventry-based community organisation that matches UK sponsors and Ukrainian guests (matching and re-matching)
- OPORA - A national charitable organisation that provides both emergency and practical support to Ukrainians and their families who are looking to rebuild their lives in safety, having fled the war. In the UK they operate an online platform for Ukrainian guests and UK sponsors looking to match for the Homes to Ukraine Scheme.
How do we verify your Identification for your DBS Check?
Once you have had the initial phone call with Warwickshire County Council, please use the links in the follow up email you will have received to book a document verification check.
Please note we have many sponsors to check and your patience is appreciated.
Why do we do a DBS check
We undertake a DBS check to confirm the eligibility to register for the scheme and to ensure the safety of those coming to live in the UK.
Further information on DBS checks can be found on the GOV.UK website.
If your circumstances as a sponsor has changed (e.g you are no longer able to host, your guest is no longer arriving, change to the number of guests arriving) please either update or withdraw your application online or call the visa Home Office helpdesk for support:
- Telephone: + 44 808 164 8810 – select option 1
Open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Calls are free of charge.
If you cannot contact UK 0808 numbers, you can use another number instead. You may have to pay – check with your phone provider if you are not sure.
- Telephone: +44 175390 7510 – select option 1
Open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
We will process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. For details of how we use your personal data and how you can exercise your information rights please see our Privacy Notice page: Privacy notices for our services – Warwickshire County Council.
DBS Update Service
If you are currently registered for the update service, then we will still need to carry out a Status check to see your individual certificate. Please provide your original certificate and ID account number so we can carry out a quick online Status check to see that the certificate is still up to date.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept existing ‘Basic’ DBS certificates due to the circumstances of the guests arriving. We will need to perform a new ‘enhanced’ DBS check
How to contact Warwickshire County Council
- Telephone number for DBS queries: 0800 408 1557
- Email for DBS queries: UkraineDBS@warwickshire.gov.uk
- Email for any other Homes for Ukraine Scheme queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation checks are performed by your local district and borough council If you are unsure who is responsible for your home, please see the Find your local council page.
|North Warwickshire||01827 email@example.com||-|
|Nuneaton and Bedworthfirstname.lastname@example.org||-|
Fire safety at home
- Fire: Make your home safe - English (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Fire: Make your home safe - Ukrainian (PDF, 1.9 MB)
£200 Interim payment for guest
Each guest under the Homes for Ukraine scheme will receive a £200 payment once the guest has arrived in Warwickshire. Please advise us of guest arrival(s) by email - email@example.com or telephone 0800 408 1447 so we can ensure the interim payment is made to the guest(s) .