Sometimes, despite our best efforts to look after our mental wellbeing, life events occur that affect our mental health in ways we cannot manage alone. The stresses and strains of everyday life ranging from physical illness, having financial pressures, or life changes like a new baby or a relationship breakdown can mean that we find ourselves not just feeling low but overwhelmed. Below is a list of some organisations that can provide counselling support where you can talk to a trained therapist who will listen to you and help you find ways to deal with these difficult times. Please note that there may be a cost associated with some of these services.
- Sycamore Counselling Service offers a confidential and professional counselling service for adults, children and young people in Warwickshire but especially covering the Nuneaton and Bedworth areas. They offer counselling around a whole range of difficulties, including bereavement and offer therapeutic play counselling to children and young people. They also work with schools in Warwickshire to provide this service.
- North Warwickshire Counselling Service is a voluntary organisation and a registered charity with committed highly trained voluntary counsellors. It exists to meet the needs of people who feel they would like the chance to sit down with someone who will really listen and try to understand their difficulties. Telephone: 024 7632 0095 or email email@example.com
- New Hope Counselling offers affordable one to one confidential counselling to residents in Warwick, Leamington Spa, Stratford upon Avon and Kenilworth. Appointments can be made by telephone: 07799 015650, or there is an online form you can complete and send.
- Assist Trauma Care - Therapeutic help to adults and children, individuals and families, affected by a wide range of traumatic occurrences. Based at a central clinic in Rugby, ASSIST therapists use evidence-based models to help sufferers rebuild their lives and move on following a traumatic experience that has impacted them. ASSIST therapists work with both the symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and also with Traumatic Bereavement and Grief.
- Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire is a volunteer organisation and a registered charity. They offer a confidential and professional counselling service for individuals age 65 and over. The counselling service can support people who may be experiencing mild to severe anxiety and depression, bereavement counselling and for carers who may be finding it difficult whilst undertaking their caring role. The service is currently being delivered by telephone or video calls. There is no charge, however donations are welcome. Telephone 01926 458112 (leave a message) or 07436 108115 to make a referral on behalf of someone or self-refer.
There is also a range of mental health and wellbeing services and support available across Warwickshire that can help you and improve your wellbeing and support you during difficult times. These include face to face support, online and telephone support; with some services being available 24/7.