You may be eligible for a range of benefits or financial help depending on your circumstances. Find out more below:
- Gov.UK: Benefits and financial help
- Disability Rights UK: Disability living allowance – a guide to claiming DLA
- Disability Rights UK: Personal Independence Payment – a guide to making a claim for PIP
- Watch these 4 short videos for an overview on Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children
Support from Citizens Advice
You can get information and help by contacting your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) or Job Centre Plus:
- Bedworth, Rugby and Nuneaton CAB
- North Warwickshire CAB
- Citizens Advice South Warwickshire
- Job Centre Plus
Use this free benefits calculator to check what you may be entitled to.
The following organisations offer free online debt advice:
Universal Credit is currently being rolled out across the UK, replacing Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit and Housing Benefit. By the end of 2018 the whole of Warwickshire will be using Universal Credit.
The Warwickshire Local Welfare Scheme helps the most vulnerable residents at times of unavoidable crisis when they have no other means of help.
Help with household costs
- Act on Energy - energy advice on reducing bills, grants and heat for health
- British Gas Energy Trust
- Council Tax Benefit
- GOV.UK - Cold Weather Payments
- GOV.UK - Household energy grants, energy saving and renewable energy
- Housing Benefit
- Orbit Better Days
- Severn Trent Water - Trouble paying bills
- Severn Trent Water - The Big Difference Scheme
- Warm home discount scheme
Money Skills supports you to manage your money by providing practical tips and step by step guides. Small manageable changes can have a huge impact on finances. Set goals, budget, learn and save using the Money Skills website, download on Google Play or App Store.
£2 bus fare cap
From 1 January 2023, some bus companies have introduced a £2 fare cap on single tickets. The cap will remain in place until 31 March 2023. Government guidance on the bus fare cap explains bus companies that are taking part in the scheme, bus routes that are included in the £2 fare and bus routes that are not included in the £2 fare.
Money, Money, Maths
Coventry and Warwickshire CDA are running money awareness workshops across Warwickshire that will cover saving energy and the planet, shopping for less and balancing your budget. They are all FREE to anyone in Warwickshire who has the right to reside in the UK, is 19 or over and has less than level 2 in maths. The workshops are informal and friendly and will be delivered across the county in Rugby, Leamington, Nuneaton, Atherstone, Bedworth and Stratford.