All county council-managed libraries have:
- Microsoft Office
- scanning and photo editing
- save to the hard drive temporarily and to external devices
- library members have 60 minutes free computer use per day, bookable or drop in. Two-hour sessions are also available, bookable in advance.
- children (members and non-members) can visit our ‘Walled Garden’ of filtered websites, free of charge.
- young people, aged 12-15 years or 11 years and attending Secondary School, can visit sites outside of the Walled Garden, if a parent, grandparent, carer or guardian gives permission, in person.
- visitors / Non-members and temporary members can purchase computer time.
- sessions can be extended if the computer is available.
Bookings are held for 10 minutes from the session start time. At the library, go straight to the booked computer and enter your library card number and PIN.
All libraries have ZoomText magnification and screen reader software and Jaws screen reader software.