Understanding your pregnancy
- Provides you with facts about labour and birth
- Build your confidence in becoming a parent
- Developed by midwives and other psychologists
Understanding your baby
- Develop your relationship with your new baby
- Helps to build your confidence as a new parent
- Developed by health visitors and child psychologists
Understanding your child
- Helps to build reassurance in parents
- Helps to make sense of your child's development and behaviour
- Recognises the importance of play in child development
Understanding your child with additional needs
- Lays the foundation for understanding your child
- Considers topics, such as sleep and anger management, in more depth
- Two levels which can be completed separately
Understanding your child’s feelings (a taster course)
- This bite-size chunk is part of the ‘Understanding your child’ and ‘Understanding your child with additional needs’ courses above
- Useful if you are not ready to do the whole course but want to understand more about your child’s feelings
- If you have done the full course but would like a refresher
Understanding your teenager's brain
- What happens to the brain as children hit adolescence
- Helps to understand the changes in behaviour
- What you can do to help your teenager
Understanding your child's mental health
- If you are interested or worried about your child’s mental health and wellbeing
- Designed to work alongside the learning in the ‘Understanding your child’ course
- Works well with the ‘Understanding your child’s feelings’ taster
Understanding your relationships
- Understand our own and other people’s feelings better
- Help with reading behaviours
- Responding and communicating
- Self-regulation and anger
- What we learned from our parents
- Rupture and repair
Free online parenting courses
- Understanding Your Brain (for teenagers only!)
- Understanding Your Feelings (for teenagers only!)
- Children with additional needs
- Other courses for parents
- Health watch Warwickshire
- Family Information Service
- Parenting support
- Youth services
- Private fostering
- Mental health
- Young Minds parenting support
About the courses
This programme consists of a range of online courses designed to increase the confidence of parents-to-be, mums, dads, grandparents and carers. They have been developed by NHS experts and parents through an evidence-based model known as the Solihull Approach.
All of the courses are FREE for Warwickshire residents using the access code BEAR.
All of the courses can be completed flexibly, at your own pace. Each of the course modules takes around 15 to 20 minutes to complete. Each course contains several modules.
There is a built-in voiceover feature available if you prefer to listen and your device supports audio.
These courses are designed to help build a strong relationship between you and your baby, infant or child.
Using the access code BEAR on registration will provide access to all the courses listed above for a lifetime and it will never expire.
There’s also a selection of other online and face to face courses for parents, covering a wide range of topics.
Tel: 0121 296 4448