Explosives storage licence

Warwickshire Trading Standards licence premises that store explosives (other than private storage for personal use).

If you wish to store up to a maximum of 2000kg of any Hazard Type, then you need to apply to us for a licence. To store quantities in excess of 2000kg you will have to apply to the Health and Safety Executive.

A trader wishing to sell fireworks all year round (as opposed to at specific times of the year, for example in the weeks running up to November 5th) is also be required to apply for a seller of Adult Fireworks Licence, in addition to a storage licence. It is in the public interest that we process your application before approval can be granted. This means that you do not have the legal right (known as ‘tacit consent’) to assume that your licence is granted just because you have not heard from us.

The processing and granting of your approval may take a considerable time, depending on the size and nature of your business, and areas to be addressed. We aim to acknowledge receipt of applications within five working days and will inform you of progress at regular intervals. Please contact us using the contact details shown if you have not heard from us within seven days of your application being submitted.

For weights and measures, licencing and animal health enquiries ONLY please phone: 01926 414040

If you are a consumer, or a business requiring general advice, please phone: 03454 040506

Office Hours – Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 5.30pm and Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm.

Explosives storage licence was last updated on February 1, 2018.