Access and Charging Policy
Public and research access
Access to the Warwickshire Biological Records Centre (WBRC) is free for the public, students and other researchers. Records can be made available in electronic form to students or a visit arranged through making an appointment to our office in Warwick. You will be asked to confirm that the data will not be used or passed on to a commercial enterprise or planning purposes.
A charge based on an hourly rate is made for commercial enquiries. This charge covers staff costs to extract information from the WBRC and make it available remotely in a suitable format. It does not include maintenance of the WBRC itself. WBRC searches are categorised into two types of searches with records being made available in most formats for your ease of use.
A. Set costs
B. Variable costs
A. Set Costs
a) Single Species search
- Standard response (within 10 working days): £60
- Priority response (3 working days): £120 (subject to resources)
b) 1km radius search
- Standard response (within 10 working days): £90
- Priority response (3 working days): £180 (subject to resources)
c) 2km radius search
- Standard response (within 10 working days): £140
- Priority response (3 working days): £280 (subject to resources)
B. Variable Costs
d) Customised search determined by the customer
- Standard response (within 10 working days): via quotation
- Priority response (3 working days): via quotation (subject to resources)
e) Data Provision and Data Sharing Agreements
- Agreements made with regular users of the WBRC: via quotation
Other Data sources that may supplement a Commercial WBRC Search
- Other nationally designated datasets, including Nationally Designated Sites (e.g. SSSIs, SACs) and UK Priority Habitat Inventories) and should be obtained from Natural England through the online Magic web-mapping.
- Information about Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs) are available from relevant lower tier (district/borough) Local Planning Authority.
- Additional site information may be available within Ecosite folders and Local Sites citations. Ecosites will be referenced within your search and can be made available on request at an additional charge or arrangement.
- Your search may also reference other information that could be available within planning applications submissions or other research reports. These can be made available on request at an additional charge or arrangement but only where the WBRC has a copy of these reports and are able share them.