Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

Student loans

Student finance is now operated by GOV.UK – Student Finance England. Here you can find information to help pay for university or college tuition fees and to help with living costs.


The first time your child takes an examination as part of his or her school course the school usually meets the costs. Exceptions are:

  • if the school agrees to your request to enter your child for an examination other than the one they recommend.
  • if the student misses all or part of an examination (including mandatory course work elements) for no good reason.

For further details please contact:

Pupil and Student Services,
Saltisford Office Park,
Ansell Way,
CV34 4UL

School trips and activities

Education provided by schools for pupils in school time should normally be free. However, some activities in and out of school times are only possible if the cost is met by contributions from parents, carers and other sources.

A school may ask you to make a contribution for your child to join an activity taking place in or outside the school even if it is during normal school hours. In general parents and carers are required to pay the cost of board and lodgings for pupils on school trips.

Although music is provided as part of the curriculum, schools can charge parents and carers for pupils who receive instrumental tuition.

Each school has its own policy on charging for activities which takes into account the legal requirements. The headteacher will be happy to provide more information.

Uniform grants

We do not offer school uniform grants. Please contact the school directly for any information on in-house support schemes for the cost of a uniform. 

Families can also complete a Turn2Us grant search to see if they are eligible for any alternative grants that could support with the cost of school uniform.

The Family Information Service (FIS) can also explore alternate grant applications.

Update cookies preferences