The Family Information Service offers free help and advice on all aspects of family life to parents, carers, young people and anyone working with families in Warwickshire.
- What do we do?
- Leaflets and factsheets
- Family Matters
- Further help – Accessing FIS information
- Information in other languages
- Contact details for other local Family Information Services
- Feedback – How can we improve our service?
We give free information and advice to parents and carers on a wide-range of issues affecting every day family life including:
- Choosing childcare – Everything you need to know about choosing childcare in Warwickshire.
- Financial help for families – Including benefits you may be entitled to, financial help when bringing up children, help with childcare costs and much, much more.
- Parenting support – Support, information and advice for mums, dads, lone parents, new parents and parents to be and how you can develop your parenting skills.
- Employment rights for working parents – Including information on maternity and paternity rights and pay, adoption leave and flexible working.
- Disability support – Including financial support and details of local and national support services for families living with disability.
- Dealing with bullying – What is bullying and where you can get help if your child is being bullied.
- Warwickshire Directory of Services for the Community -Find out about local organisations, groups and agencies that can provide activities, advice, services and support to you.
- Legal advice and support for families – Advice and guidance on legal issues that can affect family life and the support services that can help you.
- Counselling and bereavement services – Counselling services can provide families with support to help them come to terms with what is going on in their life.
If we can’t provide the answer to your enquiry, we can put you in touch with experts who can, so please do not hesitate to contact us.
We provide a number of leaflets and factsheets on a wide range of family-related issues.
Each leaflet and factsheet is full of practical tips and advice and have been written in clear and simple language making them easy to understand.
If you have Adobe Acrobat on your computer, you can download any of these leaflets and factsheets from the list below. If you would prefer to have a copy sent to you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
FIS factsheets (general):
FIS factsheets (financial):
Family Matters is the newsletter for Warwickshire families with children and young people aged 0 – 20.
The Family Information Service created this publication to help you find out more about local services and support available to you.
If you have Adobe Acrobat on your computer, you can download any of the most recent issues of Family Matters from the list below. If you are interested in accessing earlier issues of Family Matters, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We want to ensure that our services and information are available to as many people as possible. Accessibility on the Warwickshire website gives you advice on how to make our information more accessible to you, including information on:
- changing font size
- viewing text only
- using text alternatives
We also provide information about the Warwickshire Family Information Service in a number of our community’s other languages.
The Warwickshire Family Information Service (FIS) can only hold the details of service providers based within Warwickshire.
If you live or work on the Warwickshire border you may need to contact one of our neighbouring Family Information Services to get the full picture of services including childcare providers and activities in your area.
If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our service, we would like to hear from you. Your views are important to us as it helps us to develop and improve the service that we can offer to our customers in the future.
If you have any queries, comments or suggestions about the Warwickshire Family Information Service, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Alternatively, you can share your views about our service by completing our Customer feedback form.