- Waste Management - trade waste
- Privacy notice
Last updated: 11 May 2020
The following privacy notice applies to Van Vouchers and Trade and Domestic Waste Acceptance at Recycling Centres. It should be read in addition to the council’s overall Customer Privacy Notice.
- Purpose for processing
Our purpose for processing is to provide regulated access for the disposal of trade and domestic waste at recycling centres.
- Personal information collected and lawful basis
- Personal details – name, address, telephone number
- Vehicle registration number – for booking domestic waste slots
- Vehicle details – vehicle registration document for van vouchers, owner & address from DVLA
- Payment details – bank account/card details for people applying for van vouchers, recycling permits or to bring in chemical waste.
- Company details – company name, address
- Visual images using CCTV and ANPR on sites
Our lawful basis for processing this personal information is:
- Public task as part of the council’s official functions
- Who we may share your information with
- Internal finance for payment purposes
- DVLA for vehicle owner’s details
- Eventbrite – for booking domestic disposal slots
- NSL at Judkins Recycling Centre for admission to site
- Police - where it's deemed a criminal offence / abusive behaviour may have taken place
- How long we will hold your information
- Van permits – 1 year
- Recycle permit – renewed annually
- Trade waste transfer notes – 4 years
- Chemical waste applications – 2 years
- Domestic waste bookings – 3 weeks from booked slot
Please note: all stated retention periods will be subject to any legal holds imposed under the Inquiries Act 2005 that may concern the information and override standard retention.
- Your information rights
For rectification, restriction of your personal information, or to object to the processing of your personal information – contact us by emailing: email@example.com
Rights of Erasure and Portability are not available for this service.
This service does not use Automated Decision Making or Profiling as a process.
See our overall privacy notice for further contact details and if you have a complaint about your information rights.
- You may also be interested in