- Governor services
- Privacy notice
Last updated: 16 July 2018
This privacy notice sets out how we use and protect any information that you give Warwickshire Governor Services. It should be read in addition to the council’s overall Customer Privacy Notice.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
- Purpose for processing
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you have asked us to
- Provide you with information relevant to our service
- Match you with a school or academy, to enable you to become a Governor or Trustee
- Fill vacancies identified by schools or academies
- Improve our service
- Provide an overview of the service we provide to Businesses, Schools and other volunteers to expand our network
- Personal information collected and lawful basis
- Personal details including your name, email, and telephone number
- Demographic information such as address and postcode
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your e-mail address if you send an email to email@example.com
We have a legal obligation to support effective governance of schools through governors, clerks and head teachers. For significant legislation and associated regulations governing our processing see:
- Education Act 2002
- Education Act 1996
- Education and Inspection Act 2006
- School Standards and Framework Act 1998
- The Parent Governor Representatives (England) Regulations 2001
- The School Governance (Miscellaneous Amendments) (England) Regulations 2015
To help ensure equal opportunity, and monitor the makeup of Governor Boards across Warwickshire to reflect the communities they serve, we may also process the following sensitive (special category) personal information obtained via our Governor Application Forms:
- Disability – yes/no
- Who we may share your information with
Warwickshire Governor Services holds your personal data to share with schools and academy trusts. We will share:
- Your personal information with clerks, chairs and head teachers where relevant to their own Governor Boards
- Chairs / vice chairs contact information with council officers for use in an emergency or where they require it for a legal and legitimate reason e.g. Schools causing concern issues
- LA governor application / re-nomination forms with a Warwickshire County Councillor to approve nominations
- On request from the Regional Schools Commissioner or Department for Education (DfE) – Section 538 of the Education Act 1996.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third party without your consent.
- How long we will hold your information
The data will be stored on the Membership Database for 4 years, as this is the usual term of office for a school governor.
If the governor or clerk is reappointed to the Governing Board their membership record will be updated accordingly.
Once notified that a governor’s term of office has ended their membership record will be archived.
Please note: all stated retention periods will be subject to any legal holds imposed under the Inquiries Act 2005 that may concern the information and override standard retention.
At this time we are subject to the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse.
- Your information rights
For rectification of your personal information, or to restrict the processing of your personal information please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You do not have any other information rights.
More general information on how we process your information. This includes contact details for the Data Protection Officer and if you have a complaint about your information rights.
- You may also be interested in