After making a referral
You will receive written confirmation within 24 hours of submitting the MARF form. If you have not heard back in 2 working days please contact 01926 414144.
When you have received confirmation you should inform the family of the referral.
We will then:
- assess the referral
- review historical information
- discuss and assess the risks and needs of the child
- speak to the parent/carer – unless there is a risk to the child
- decide what action to take
You will receive details of the outcome within 2 days. This may be:
- no action needed
- support from Universal or Early Help services – this could be an Early Help assessment
- a social care assessment
A social care assessment will involve the child’s family, and usually take 10 days to complete. In some cases, it may take up to 35 days to complete.
You may be involved in the plan to support the family – along with other agencies.
Keep a record of your referral, the confirmation of receipt and any action that you take. Inform your safeguarding lead of the outcome of your referral.
If you disagree with the outcome, you will need to follow the escalation process.