Childcare Funding for 2 year olds
Your child may be eligible for free childcare funding for 2 year olds. This is from the term following their second birthday. You must receive one of the following:
- Income Support;
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance;
- Income-related employment and support allowance;
- Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit if your annual household income is below £16,190;
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit;
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- Universal Credit.
or your child:
- is looked after by the local authority;
- has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order;
- has a current statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care plan;
- qualifies for Disability Living Allowance.
By clicking ‘Apply Online’ you are agreeing for a check to be performed with the Eligibility Checking Service (ECS). By submitting your application you are agreeing that the information that you have provided can be shared with the Local Authority and Department for Education, who will access information from other government departments to confirm your child’s eligibility and enable you to claim childcare funding for 2 year olds.
Information is stored confidentially in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We have a duty to report any safeguarding concerns about your child to the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub
Free early education for 3 to 4 year olds
Your child will be entitled to the 15 hours free childcare from the term following their third birthday.
How many hours is my child entitled to?
- 570 hours per year;
- Maximum of 15 hours per week over 38 weeks per year (term time);
- Some providers can offer fewer hours per week but for more weeks of the year.
30 hours free childcare for working parents
You may be entitled to an additional 15 hours free childcare place for your 3 or 4 year old for 38 weeks per year if you are:
- a two parent family, both working and each earn the equivalent of 16 hours per week paid at national living wage;
- each earning less than £100,000 per year.
- a single parent, working and earn the equivalent of 16 hours per week paid at national minimum wage;
- earning less than £100,000 per year.
For queries regarding funding for 3 and 4 year olds please contact the Early Years Funding Team on 01926 742235.
When can my child get free childcare/early education?
2 Year Old Funding and 30 Hours Free Childcare
Your child can receive free childcare from the term after their birthday. This is subject to eligibility.
15 Hours Free Childcare
Your child can receive free childcare from the term after their third birthday.
|Child born between||Entitlement begins|
|1st January to 31st March||April (Summer term)|
|1st April to 31st August||September (Autumn term)|
|1st September to 31st December||January (Spring term)|
How is the childcare/early education paid for?
Funding is paid directly to the childcare provider.
Early Years Pupil Premium
Did you know your Early Years Provider may be able to claim extra funding to enhance the quality of your child’s early education? For more information take a look at this leaflet.EYPP A5 leaflet (PDF, 86.26 KB)