Childcare funding for two-year-olds
You may be able to access up to 15 hours childcare over 38 weeks for your two-year-old from the term after their second birthday if you receive:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit if your annual household income is below £16,190
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit if your annual net earned income is less than £15,400
OR your child:
- is looked after by the local authority
- has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
- has a current statement of special educational needs or an education, health and care plan
- qualifies for Disability Living Allowance
Additional extended criteria from September 2022:
If your immigration status says you have ‘no recourse to public funds’ (NRPF), you may be able to access a funded childcare place for your 2 year old if you:
• live in England and your annual household income is no more than:
o £26,500 for families outside of London with one child
o £30,600 for families outside of London with two or more children
• have no more than £16,000 in savings or investments
How to Apply
If you have an email address, the easiest way to apply for the Childcare Funding for 2 Year Olds is online. Please click on ‘Apply online’ below which will take you to the Parent Portal to log in or to create an account if using it for the first time.
When creating an account, please enter your email address and ensure that you provide at least one contact phone number (mobile preferred where possible), as these will be used for processing your application and any relevant additional contact required, including by Warwickshire County Council and partner agencies.
You can view our step by step guide for parents and carers that demonstrates how to complete an online application for two-year-old funding.
By clicking ‘Apply Online’ you agree for a check to be performed with the Eligibility Checking Service (ECS). By submitting your application you are agreeing that the service can share your information with the Local Authority and Department for Education, who will access information from other government departments to confirm your child’s eligibility to claim childcare funding for two-year-olds.
We have a duty to report any safeguarding concerns about your child to the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub.
For help or more information please contact the Early Years Entitlements Team