Childcare Funding for 2 year olds
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit if your annual household income is below £16,190;
- The guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- Universal Credit if your annual net earned income is less than £15,400
OR your child:
By clicking ‘Apply Online’ you are agreeing for a check to be performed with the Eligibility Checking Service (ECS). By submitting your application you are agreeing that the information that you have provided can be shared with the Local Authority and Department for Education, who will access information from other government departments to confirm your child’s eligibility and enable you to claim childcare funding for 2 year olds.
We have a duty to report any safeguarding concerns about your child to the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub
For help or more information please contact the Early Years Funding Team
Telephone: 01926 742218 or 01926 742233
Childcare Funding for 3 to 4 year olds
All children are entitled to the universal 15 hours free childcare from the term following their third birthday.
|Child born between||Entitlement begins|
|1st January to 31st March||Summer Term (from 1 April)|
|1st April to 31st August||Autumn Term (From 1 September)|
|1st September to 31st December||Spring Term (From 1 January)|
- 570 hours per year
- Maximum of 15 hours per week over 38 weeks per year (term time)
- Some providers can offer fewer hours per week but for more weeks of the year.
How to apply
To apply for a place please contact your chosen childcare provider. The funding will be paid directly to them.
For more help or information contact the Early Years Funding Team
Telephone: 01926 742235 or 01926 742333
30 hours Funded Childcare
- a two parent family, both working and each earn the equivalent of 16 hours per week paid at national living wage;
- each earning less than £100,000 per year.
- a single parent, working and earn the equivalent of 16 hours per week paid at national minimum wage
- earning less than £100,000 per year
You must apply through HMRC
To find out if you are eligible and to apply please go to:
Early Years Pupil Premium
Your childcare provider may be able to claim extra funding to enhance the quality of your child’s early education.
Your child will be eligible for the Early Years Pupil Premium if you are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits or credits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if the child is born on or after 1st January 2015 and the parent is entitled to Universal Credit, they must have an annual net earned income equivalent to and not exceeding £7,400, assessed on up to three of the parent’s most recent Universal Credit assessment periods
Or The child has:
- Been looked after by the local authority for at least one day
- Been adopted from care
- Left care through Special Guardianship
- A child arragement order
How to claim
If you are in receipt of one of the above, please complete the EYPP application section on the Parental Declaration Form that your childcare provider will have asked you to complete.
This service provides child care funding for children attending nursery placements. Our valid lawful basis for processing personal data is a legal obligation. To see how we use your personal data and what your information rights are, please read our Education and Learning privacy notice.
It should be read in addition to our overall customer privacy notice, which includes the contact details if you have a complaint about your information rights. For general enquiries, please contact 01926 410410.