Childcare funding for two-year-olds

You may be able to claim up to 15 hours childcare over 38 weeks for your two-year-old from the term after their second birthday if you receive:

  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseekers Allowance
  • income-related employment and support allowance
  • Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit if your annual household income is below £16,190
  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Universal Credit if your annual net earned income is less than £15,400

OR your child:

  • is looked after by the local authority
  • has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
  • has a current statement of special educational needs or an education, health and care plan
  • qualifies for Disability Living Allowance

Additional extended criteria introduced from September 2019 where parent(s) have one of the following types of immigration status:

  • Zambrano carer (derivative right to reside in the UK under European law as the primary carer of a British child or dependent adult), if your annual net earned income is less than £15,400
  • Leave to remain with no recourse to public funds (NRPF) granted on family or private life (Article 8) grounds, if your annual net earned income is less than £15,400
  • Claimed asylum in the UK and are waiting for a decision (known as ‘part 6’) or been refused asylum in the UK (known as ‘section 4’) and are getting support under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Receiving support under Section 17 of the Children Act 1989 because you have a child in need and no recourse to public funds (NRPF), with an annual net earned income of less than £15,400

How to Apply

If you have an email address, the easiest way to apply for the Childcare Funding for 2 Year Olds is online. Please click on ‘Apply online’ below which will take you to the Parent Portal to log in or to create an account if using it for the first time.

When creating an account, please enter your email address and ensure that you provide at least one contact phone number (mobile preferred where possible), as these will be used for processing your application and any relevant additional contact required, including by Warwickshire County Council and partner agencies.

By clicking ‘Apply Online’ you agree for a check to be performed with the Eligibility Checking Service (ECS). By submitting your application you are agreeing that the service can share your information with the Local Authority and Department for Education, who will access information from other government departments to confirm your child’s eligibility to claim childcare funding for two-year-olds.

We have a duty to report any safeguarding concerns about your child to the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub.

For help or more information please contact the Early Years Entitlements Team


Apply online