Warwickshire County Council employees have access to a large range of benefits as well as an extensive range of learning and development opportunities. Working in Children & Families teams also gives employees some additional benefits.
Rewarding our employees isn’t just about pay. We want to do everything we can to ensure that we protect your wellbeing and you can enjoy a work/life balance.
Warwickshire has a strong flexible working ethos and believes in focusing on outcomes. Through taking this approach we welcome flexible working including a commitment to regular home working with technology to support this, job sharing and part-time arrangements. We encourage a collaborative conversation with your manager to ensure the needs of the team, yourself and the needs of the children of Warwickshire are met.
- Read more about agile working in this leaflet (PDF, 293 KB)
If you are required to move home as a result of your appointment you can request assistance with relocation expenses. The relocation allowance is designed to offset expenses involved in relocation such as removal, legal and estate agents fees, temporary lodgings.
Our annual leave is generous. The longer you work for us the more annual leave you are allocated. All our staff have an annual leave entitlement of 23 – 31 days (depending on the length of service). This entitlement is in addition to Bank Holidays and other public holidays, plus all staff are given an extra days' holiday over Christmas.
Health and Wellbeing
Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) gives you 24/7 unlimited access to information, coaching and confidential counselling on a range of topics including work, your career, relationships, financial support and health & wellbeing.
In addition to this, staff in Children & Families have access to a free dedicated counselling service
Staff Lifestyle Discount Portal
Warwickshire County Council employees have access to a range of staff benefits from our health and wellbeing partner Vivup. These are designed to improve your physical, financial and mental health wellbeing.
In addition to the above, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- a range of family-friendly policies and flexible working arrangements
- a childcare voucher scheme
- Access to Credit Union & BUPA schemes
- generous contractual sick pay scheme
- a green transport policy including a car-sharing scheme, pool transport and a cycle scheme
- occupational health support
- free eye tests and contributions towards glasses for DSE requirements
- car fuel allowances and access to pool cars
- access to WCC car parks
- wellbeing initiatives, as well as access to occupational health and employee assistance staff support services
- In addition to the EAP for all WCC staff, Children & Families employees have a dedicated Counselling service
- staff engagement and employee forums
- opportunities for training and personal development
- excellent induction arrangements
- a clear transparent pay structure for social workers
- a career pathway for social workers and family support workers.
- a manageable and varied caseload with supportive managers
- access to Research in Practice and to West Midlands Teaching Partnership
- direct work bags full of tools and ideas for working with children
- recognition and appreciation events