We offer unique development opportunities for the best social workers to stay in practice and have created a career pathway which leads to, and directly links with, the Principal Social Worker.
Full-time hours are 37 per week. Warwickshire has a strong flexible working ethos and believes in focusing on outcomes. Through taking this approach we welcome flexible working including a commitment to regular home working with technology to support this, job sharing and part-time arrangements.
If you are required to move home as a result of your appointment you can request assistance with relocation expenses. The relocation allowance is designed to offset expenses involved in relocation such as removal, legal and estate agents fees, temporary lodgings.
Our annual leave is generous. The longer you work for us the more annual leave you are allocated. For employees contracted to work 52 weeks per year, your annual leave entitlement is as shown below. (Grade M SCP 39 – 41.) This entitlement is in addition to Bank Holidays and other public holidays, plus all staff are given an extra days' holiday over Christmas.
You will need the use of a vehicle for business use but will be reimbursed for business mileage.
Staff Lifestyle Discount Portal
You’ll have access to over 8,500 offers and discounts from the UK’s most popular retailers and service providers. With up to 15% off high street brands, employees can save well over £20 a week (£1,000 a year) using lifestyle, without changing normal shopping habits.
In addition to the above, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- a range of family-friendly policies and flexible working arrangements
- a childcare voucher scheme
- opportunities for training and personal development
- excellent induction arrangements
- generous contractual sick pay scheme
- a green transport policy including a car-sharing scheme, pool transport and a cycle scheme
- occupational health support
- free eye tests and contributions towards glasses for DSE requirements
- car fuel allowances and access to pool cars
- a clear transparent pay structure for social workers
- a career pathway combining social work experience through ASYE, to EPD with an opportunity to gain a postgraduate award or become a practice educator
- a manageable and varied caseload with supportive managers
- access to WCC car parks
- wellbeing initiatives, as well as access to occupational health and employee assistance staff support services
- staff engagement and employee forums
- access to research in practice
- direct work bags full of tools and ideas for working with children
- recognition and appreciation events