You can get information and help by contacting your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) or Job Centre Plus:

Debt advice

The following organisations offer free online debt advice:

Universal credit

Universal Credit is currently being rolled out across the UK, replacing Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit and Housing Benefit. By the end of 2018 the whole of Warwickshire will be using Universal Credit.


The Warwickshire Local Welfare Scheme helps the most vulnerable residents at times of unavoidable crisis when they have no other means of help.

Help with household costs