You may be eligible for a range of benefits or financial help depending on your circumstances. Find out more below:
- Gov.UK: Benefits and financial help
- Disability Rights UK: Disability living allowance – a guide to claiming DLA
- Disability Rights UK: Personal Independence Payment – a guide to making a claim for PIP
- Watch these 4 short videos for an overview on Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children
Support from Citizens Advice
You can get information and help by contacting your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) or Job Centre Plus:
- Bedworth, Rugby and Nuneaton CAB
- North Warwickshire CAB
- Citizens Advice South Warwickshire
- Job Centre Plus
Breakthrough is part of the Building Better Opportunities Programme. It provides support for people across Coventry and Warwickshire to tackle the financial barriers they face to getting and keeping employment. It can help people build confidence, adapt to change and gain the skills they need to be ready for employment and to take an active role in their community. Each participant will have a dedicated money mentor to support them with their own personalised action plan and their progress through the programme.
Use this free benefits calculator to check what you may be entitled to.
The following organisations offer free online debt advice:
KeyRing Financial Freedom Project
KeyRing Financial Freedom Project is for people who need help with managing their money or debts. They help anyone living in the Nuneaton or Bedworth area, aged 18 or over, who has a learning disability or mental health condition even if you do not get any other support. Support is provided through one to one and group sessions. Each person will receive 6 sessions of support from a financial support worker.
Universal Credit is currently being rolled out across the UK, replacing Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit and Housing Benefit. By the end of 2018 the whole of Warwickshire will be using Universal Credit.
The Warwickshire Local Welfare Scheme helps the most vulnerable residents at times of unavoidable crisis when they have no other means of help.
Help with household costs
- Act on Energy – energy advice on reducing bills, grants and heat for health
- Affordable Warmth Grants
- British Gas Energy Trust
- Council Tax Benefit
- Gov.uk – Cold Weather Payments
- Gov.uk – Warm Front Scheme
- Housing Benefit
- npower – Spreading warmth
- Orbit Better Days
- Severn Trent Water – Trouble paying bills
- Warm home discount scheme