Arson threatens lives and damages property. Many fires are started deliberately in refuse/wheelie bins and grass areas.
If you see any suspicious activity in your area, please contact Warwickshire Police on their non-emergency number 101 (or dial 999 if appropriate) or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
To reduce the threat of arson:
- report abandoned refuse to your local council
- look after your wheelie bin. If possible place out on the morning of collection and return it to your property as soon as possible after collection
- if you hire a skip, make sure that you empty it as soon as you can to reduce the risk of it becoming a target for arson
- do not leave a build-up of rubbish at the front of your property. Remove it as soon as possible
- raise all incidents of arson, even the small fires, with your local neighbourhood watch members, the police and local fire station.